Locate on NOAA nautical chart
Year established: 1833
Latitude: 41 deg 31
min 8 sec N
Longitude: 82 deg 56
min 10 sec W
Height above sea level: 26 feet
40-foot double whitewashed round, rough split-stone tower, 22 feet in diameter at the base, tapering to 10 1/2 feet at the lantern deck, on a stone foundation
1846: Six new oil lamps were installed, and in 1855, a new lens was put into place.
1896: 20-foot white square pyramidal tower built on the end of the west breakwater of the Portage River entrance, housed on top of a 12' x 12' wood-frame structure
deactivated; property sold to private party in 1927; the upper half of the lighthouse tower moved across the waterway to the grounds of a private marina.
Berger, Todd R., Lighthouses of the Great Lakes, (Stillwater, MN: Voyageur Press, 2002), p. 143