Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Freedom School, Yes!
by Littlesugar, Amy
A children's story illustrating what happens when a southern black school gains a young white teacher from the north during the Civil Rights era.
African American History,
- Age Groups Late Elementary: 4-6, Middle School
- Book Type Fiction
- Publisher Philomel Books, 1991, New York, NY
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.