Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Seven Miles to Freedom: The Robert Smalls Story
by Halfmann, Janet
Biography of Robert Smalls who, during the civil War, commandeered the confederate ship Planter to carry his family and twelve other slaves to freedom.
African American History,
- Age Groups Early Elementary: K-3, Late Elementary: 4-6
- Book Type Nonfiction
- Publisher Lee & Low Books, Inc.2008, 2008, New York, NY
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.