Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Hannah Is My Name
by Belle Yang
A young Chinese girl and her parents immigrate to the United States and try their best to assimilate into their San Francisco neighborhood while anxiously awaiting the arrival of their green cards.
Asian Pacific American History,
- Age Groups Early Elementary: K-3, Late Elementary: 4-6
- Book Type Nonfiction
- Publisher Candlewick Press, 2004, Cambridge, MA
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.