Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Miss Bridie Chose a Shovel
by Leslie Connor
Miss Bridie emigrates to America in 1856 and chooses to bring a shovel, which proves to be a useful tool throughout her life.
- Topic 19th-Century History
- Age Group Early Elementary: K-3
- Book Type Nonfiction
- Publisher Houghton Mifflin, 2004, Boston, MA
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.