Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Rachel Carson and Her Book That Changed the World
by Lawlor, Laurie
In celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the publication of Silent Spring, here is a biography of Rachel Carson, the pioneering environmentalist. She wrote Silent Spring to wake people up to the harmful impact humans were having on our planet.
- Age Groups Early Elementary: K-3, Late Elementary: 4-6
- Book Type Nonfiction
- Publisher Holiday House, 2012, New York, NY
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.