Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Mr. Lincoln's Whiskers
by Karen B. Winnick
In this true story, young Grace Bedell writes to Abraham Lincoln and asks him to grow a beard so that he can win more votes, become president, and abolish slavery. After following her advice and winning the election, Lincoln stops by to thank Grace on his way to Washington D.C.
- Age Groups Preschool, Early Elementary: K-3
- Book Type Nonfiction
- Award Caldecott Medal
- Publisher Boyds Mills Press, 1996, Honesdale, PA
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.