Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
The John Bull 150 Years a Locomotive
by White, John H. Jr.
The John Bull details the history of the locomotive engine and includes photographs and detailed drawings of the interior and exterior of these powerful engines that changed the way people traveled.
- Age Groups Middle School, High School, Adult
- Book Type Nonfiction
- Publisher Smithsonian Institution Press, 1981, Washington, DC
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.