Marc François Secretan (1804–1867) went into partnership with N. M. P.
Lerebours in Paris in 1844, and became the sole proprietor of the shop in 1855.
The shop offered a wide range of scientific apparatus, showed its wares at
several international exhibitions, and was still in business in 1930.
Ref: Paolo Brenni, "Lerebours et Secretan," Bulletin of the
Scientific Instrument Society 40 (March 1994): 3–6.