"Young & Sons, Philadelphia 5867"
telescope 19 inches long
This instrument was made by Young & Sons, and dates from around 1875. The marking on the telescope--"Patented July 28th 1874"--refers to the patent (#153,494) granted to J. W. Nystrom and Alfred Young, that describes a method of regulating the focus of a telescope by moving the erecting lenses back and forth while keeping the object glass and cross hairs at a fixed distance from one another.
W. J. Young