Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
by Wiles, Deborah
Best friends, one black one white, experience the negatives of segregation during summer vacation when they are prohibited from doing what they love like swimming, and eating together.
African American History,
- Age Groups Late Elementary: 4-6, Middle School
- Book Type Fiction
- Award Coretta Scott King Award
- Publisher Atheneum, 2001, New York, NY
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.