Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
I was dreaming to come to America: memories from the Ellis Island Oral History Project
by Veronica Lawlor
In their own words, coupled with hand-painted collage illustrations, immigrants recall their arrival in the United States. Includes brief biographies and facts about the Ellis Island Oral History Project.
- Age Group Late Elementary: 4-6
- Book Type Fiction
- Publisher Viking Publishers, 1995, Cambridge, MA
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.