Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Dear Miss Breed: True Stories of the Japanese American Incarceration During World War II and a Librarian Who Made a Difference
by Oppenheim, Joanne
A chronicle of the correspondence between California librarian Clara Breed and young Japanese American internees during World War II
Asian Pacific American History,
- Age Groups Middle School, High School, Adult
- Book Type Nonfiction
- Publisher Scholastic, 2006, New York, NY
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.