Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Journey to Topaz: A Story of the Japanese American Evacuation
by Uchida, Yoshiko
Explores the consequences of prejudice through the experience of an 11 year old girl and her family in Topaz Internment Camp
Asian Pacific American History,
- Age Groups Late Elementary: 4-6, Middle School
- Book Type Fiction
- Publisher Scribner, 1971, New York, NY
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.