Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
The House that George Built
by Slade, Suzanne
This brief, rhyming story follows George Washington's contributions toward the design and construction of the White House.
- Topic 18th-Century History
- Age Groups Early Elementary: K-3, Late Elementary: 4-6
- Book Type Nonfiction
- Publisher Charlesbridge, 2012, Watertown, MA
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.