Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Thar She Blows!
by Sue Kassirer
While visiting a whaling exhibit at the National Museum of Natural History, Emma suddenly finds herself transported back in time to a nineteenth century whaling ship.
- Topic 19th-Century History
- Age Groups Early Elementary: K-3, Late Elementary: 4-6
- Book Type Fiction
- Publisher Trudy Corporation, 1997, Norwalk, CT
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.