Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie
by Peter and Connie Roop
In the winter of 1856, a storm delays the lighthouse keeper's return to an island off the coast of Maine, and his daughter Abbie must keep the lights burning by herself.
- Age Group Early Elementary: K-3
- Book Type Fiction
- Publisher Lerner Publishing Group, 1985, Minneapolis, MN
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.