Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
by Carole Boston Weatherford
Young children tap their feet, clap the beat, and are introduced to the rhythm of jazz as they read or listen to this story told in rhyme.
African American History,
- Age Groups Preschool, Early Elementary: K-3
- Book Type Fiction
- Publisher Lee and Low Books, 2002, New York, NY
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.