Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Abbie Against the Storm
by Marcia Vaughan
A fictionalized account of an incident in the life of a seventeen-year-old girl who tends her family's lighthouse during a fierce storm on the coast of Maine in the winter of 1856.
- Age Group Late Elementary: 4-6
- Book Type Fiction
- Publisher Beyond Words Publishing, Inc., 1999, Hillsboro, OR
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.