Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Miss Lady Bird's Wildflowers How a Frist Lady Changed America
by Appelt, Kathi
A biography of Lady Bird Johnson, who, as the wife of President Lyndon Johnson, reminded citizens about the importance of conserving natural resources and promoted the beautification of cities and highways by planting wildflowers.
- Age Groups Early Elementary: K-3, Late Elementary: 4-6
- Book Type Nonfiction
- Publisher Harper Collins Publishers, 2005, New York, NY
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.