Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Alice Ramsey's Great Adventure
by Don Brown
A traveling book about an adventurous young woman, Alice Ramsay, who drives across the country in 1909. Despite facing natural and manmade obstacles - including poor roads and a lack of traffic signs - Alice's westward voyage ends triumphantly in San Francisco, making this a charming tale of a girl and a nation in transition.
- Age Groups Preschool, Early Elementary: K-3
- Book Type Nonfiction
- Awards Caldecott Medal, Golden Kite Award, Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Publisher Houghton Mifflin, 1997, Boston, MA
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.