Your search has turned up 1 book(s). Review the list, or return to the main biblography page to search again.
Atariba and Niguayona: A Story from the Taino People of Puerto Rico (Tales of the Americas)
by Rohmer, Harriet
A legend about a young Taino Indian and his search for the Caimoni Tree.
- Topic Native American History
- Age Group Early Elementary: K-3
- Book Type Fiction
- Publisher Children's Press, 1988, New York, NY
- Caldecott Medal
- Most distinguished American picture book for children (annually).
- Newberry Medal
- Most distinguished contribution to American literature for children (annually).
- Coretta Scott King Award
- Distinguished books by authors and illustrators of African descent which promote an understanding and appreciation of the American dream (annually).
- Golden Kite Award
- Outstanding examples of text, illustration, fiction and nonfiction (four awards annually).
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award
- Outstanding work of historical fiction published by a U.S. publisher set in the New World.